How to join
The usual procedure is as follows:
Before filling out an application form, you are most welcome to attend one or two (or more if you wish) of our regular Friday Evening Club Nights – bar opens at around 7:30pm. That way we get to know you, and you get to know us.
After you have paid us a few visits and you feel that this is the club for you, pick up an application form, fill it out, have it dated, proposed and seconded – at least one of these should be a committee member. Your proposer/seconder will immediately post it on the Club notice board. There is also a small fee (£40) to pay.
Your application form will remain on the notice board for six weeks. During that time we would like to see you take part at Club nights and/or social events or even join our work parties.
After six weeks, our Secretary will invite you to attend for an informal meeting. The committee meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- Fill out membership form (download from the link on the right, or pick one up from the bar). Note that all information is stored and used according to the HYC 2018 Data Protection Policy. By becoming a member you are agreeing to this policy.
- Proposed by the introducing Member
- Seconded by a Committee Member
- Submitted to the club with a £40 (non refundable) application fee
- Posted on the notice board for 6 weeks
- The applicant is encouraged to come along on Club Nights to get to know Member.
- Invited to meet with the Committee for final approval
We are a voluntary members club so we are always keen on members who show a degree of participation.
If you have any questions, feel free to speak to a committee member.
The Committee of the Hurlingham Yacht Club